1. who knows something about this CRAIGSLIST scam? # 1
    Outlandish

who knows something about this CRAIGSLIST scam?

I posted an ad on craigslist with my phone number on it.

After about 2 months someone wrote me back and said can you please call me at this XYZ number, I wrote back that my number was on there and besides the number that he wanted me to call was a 202 area code which is in Washington DC, I believe, (I live in Florida) I just simply wrote back that he can call me at that number or forget it, because I had heard something about a scam where somebody wants you to call a certain number and then they charge large amounts on your phone bill, but I cannot remember the details. 5 minutes later that person with the 202 area code called and said I have a call for you but I cannot transfer, can you please call this number .... (I was on my way out the door .... so I didn't want to get into it and said NO.) I thought that was the end of it. Well, two days later that same number calls me back and said are you XYZ (my name) I said yes, and he said let me transfer a call to you ... I immediately hung up. I had read an article about this some time ago, but I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone know what kind of scam this is and what I can do?? I don't want to call that number in case it is some kind of 900 number where they charge you 10 dollars a minute, and then later have to go through tens of people to have this removed from my phone bill ....

Does anyone have any idea what they are doing???

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. who knows something about this CRAIGSLIST scam? # 2
    Gast38303
    Zitat Zitat von Outlandish Beitrag anzeigen
    I posted an ad on craigslist with my phone number on it.

After about 2 months someone wrote me back and said can you please call me at this XYZ number, I wrote back that my number was on there and besides the number that he wanted me to call was a 202 area code which is in Washington DC, I believe, (I live in Florida) I just simply wrote back that he can call me at that number or forget it, because I had heard something about a scam where somebody wants you to call a certain number and then they charge large amounts on your phone bill, but I cannot remember the details. 5 minutes later that person with the 202 area code called and said I have a call for you but I cannot transfer, can you please call this number .... (I was on my way out the door .... so I didn't want to get into it and said NO.) I thought that was the end of it. Well, two days later that same number calls me back and said are you XYZ (my name) I said yes, and he said let me transfer a call to you ... I immediately hung up. I had read an article about this some time ago, but I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone know what kind of scam this is and what I can do?? I don't want to call that number in case it is some kind of 900 number where they charge you 10 dollars a minute, and then later have to go through tens of people to have this removed from my phone bill ....

Does anyone have any idea what they are doing???
    Have you tried to google that phone number?

4. who knows something about this CRAIGSLIST scam? # 3
    Outlandish
    thanks, Gabby,

it just tells me that it is a cell phone number in Washington DC.

5. who knows something about this CRAIGSLIST scam? # 4
    drtebi
    One thing you can do is just block 900 numbers to be dialed from your phone... And whenever someone asks to accept a call, just don't do it.

Don't know if that's great help, but anyway. Maybe you're just a bit too paranoid, it's a bit of a strange story, but so far it doesn't seem like you have been charged anything. Can't you look up your phone bill online?

6. who knows something about this CRAIGSLIST scam? # 5
    wus
    Don't know about this scam, but I don't think Outlandish is paranoid, quite on the contrary she reacted very properly in my opinion. Whoever wants whatever she posted on craigslist should call her, period. Anything else in my opinion is indeed very likely a scam.

+ Antworten