+ Antworten
  1. Immigration Visa # 1
    coyotetrips

Immigration Visa

Hi,
    My wife (she is from the US) and I filed for my immigration visa last week at the US Consulate in Frankfurt (we are married for more then 2 years). Now we are waiting that I get invited to the interview. So far so good .
    Now I read this threat: http://www.amerika-forum.de/denial-o...ion-66698.html
    It made me really nervous! We are both in Germany, so ofcourse we don't have any income in the US. Do we really need a co-sponsor? We do have a bit of savings, that would allow us to be above the 125% poverty line for 10 years. Will that be enough?
    And somewhere else I read something about biometrics, is that just finger prints? There was nothing about it in the documents they gave us.
    What is the interview like, what will they ask?

Sorry, lots of questions, but I'm getting nervous and I don't want to mess up the process!

Any help appreciated!
    Stefan

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. Immigration Visa # 2
    Toapert
    Use the search button on top of the page and you'll find lots of information about the interview in Frankfurt.

They'll take your fingerprints which is what is call biometrics - nothing else. You'll also need to undergo a medical by an Uscis certified physician. You should check if all your immunizations are up-to-date.

4. Immigration Visa # 3
    coyotetrips
    Sorry, you're right, there is plenty info on the medical and the interview.

But there is still the question about the sponsor/co-sponsor, and I can't really find much helpful info.

5. Immigration Visa # 4
    Toapert
    Zitat Zitat von coyotetrips Beitrag anzeigen
    Sorry, you're right, there is plenty info on the medical and the interview.

But there is still the question about the sponsor/co-sponsor, and I can't really find much helpful info.
    I'm sorry I'm not quite sure on that.

I have no idea how much in savings you'll need in order to avoid the co-sponsor.

6. Immigration Visa # 5
    Charlie
    You will either need US income (125 % of the poverty line for your household size), OR a co-sponsor, OR you can try to fulfill the requirements of the affidavit of support with assets (3 x the above amount of 125 % of the poverty line for your household size). Or you could do a combination of some or all of the above.

So when you say you have enough assets "for 10 years", I assume that you should be able to meet that requirement.

Gruss,
    Charlie

PS: There's A LOT more information in the German part of this forum

7. Immigration Visa # 6
    coyotetrips
    Thanks Charlie,

If it is only "3x the above amount of 125 % of the poverty line", then we have it covered.

Danke und Gruss
    Stefan
    http://www.coyotetrips.de

8. Immigration Visa # 7
    Charlie
    Great

Here's the official text:

"In order to qualify based on the value of your assets, the total value of your assets must equal at least five times the difference between your total household income and the current poverty guidelines for your household size. However, if you are a U.S. citizen and you are sponsoring your spouse or minor child, the total value of your assets must only be equal to at least three times the difference."

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf

Gruss,

Charlie

9. Immigration Visa # 8
    Málice
    They'll ask general questions which are easy to answer if you have a real relationship. Where and when did you meet? How long have you known each other? What does he/she do for a living? Did he/she meet your parents? etc.
    Nothing to be scared of if you have nothing to hide.
    I hope you know that the poverty line for 2009 has changed.

+ Antworten