1. expedited EAD # 1
    Tina Lierheimer

expedited EAD

Does anybody have experience with an expedited EAD ? I am trying to find out how much faster I will get the card if my expedite request is approved.

some background info:
    L-2 visa holder
    i am on unpaid leave since yesterday (I filed my EAD renewal too late)
    filed my EAD renewal on 02/08
    put in an expedite request on 02/09 over the phone
    received an email notice a month later on 03/03 with request to send in employer statement
    my employer sent it in immediately on 03/03
    I had my fingerprint appt. on the same day 03/03

I can't find out how long it will take now to get the card. I understand that I first have to receive the approval for my expedite request. On the phone they could just tell me that it would be faster than the normal wait times...which is not really helpful.

Was anybody in the same situation and has a timeline?

I have one more question:
    I have an L-2 visa which expires 09/01/2008.
    How long will my new EAD be valid? Some people (attorney from my husband's company) tell me that it will only be valid as long as the underlying L-2 Visa is valid - means until 09/01/2008. The USCIS hotline told me that EADs are always issued for one year - I told her about my visa and that my initial EAD was actually valid for 2 years, but she kept saying that they are issued for one year...

In case the new EAD is only valid until 09/01/2008 I would need to file for another renewal 3 months earlier to avoid a gap - which means I would already need to have my renewed L-2 Visa in hands beginning June 08. Is there a limit how long in advance an L-2 Visa can be renewed ?
    Is it normal that EAD and underlying Visa have are valid for different time periods?
    If the above is correct, I would file for 2 EAD renewals within one year = $640 ! Very annoying...

Can anybody who was in a similar situation give some advice ?

Thank you!

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. expedited EAD # 2
    rabiene
    Usually it takes 3 month to get a new one.

How long will my new EAD be valid? Some people (attorney from my husband's company) tell me that it will only be valid as long as the underlying L-2 Visa is valid - means until 09/01/2008
    That's right.

Is it normal that EAD and underlying Visa have are valid for different time periods?
    yes

4. expedited EAD # 3
    Gast30472
    hi,

I agree with Rabiene.

The "at-least-one-year validity" info is not correct. I am J2-Visa holder. My visa & EAD are valid as long as my husband's (i.e. my current EAD is valid for 7 months only). I'll get my visa extension in April so I can make sure to renew my EAD on time...

Let me know if your expedited processing went through! The info I find on processing time on the USCIS page makes it sound as if it is nearly impossible to get an expedited EAD...but maybe they just make it sound like that. Otherwise, you can count 3 months (I nevertheless have a friend who got it in 5 weeks...).

Enjoy!

+ Antworten