+ Antworten
  1. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 1
    Muus

New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants

Well this is nice... for all dog lovers..

saw this today on cnn online..

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- At just 1 year old, Theo had already turned to a life of crime.
    The tiny Yorkie would sneak into restaurants inside his owner's bag, usually undetected, but he and Marcy Richardson were occasionally kicked out.
    Now the 26-year-old Richardson and Theo can stop worrying and start chowing down.
    Gov. Jeb Bush on Friday signed the so-called "doggie dining" bill, which allows local governments to let restaurants permit dogs to eat with their owners outside.
    Florida health regulations previously prevented all dogs except service animals from joining patrons al fresco, although several restaurants ignored the rules until local regulators started cracking down last year.
    Rep. Sheri McInvale, an Orlando Republican, filed the bill after some complained they were threatened with fines.
    The measure creates a three-year pilot program, and the state will determine whether to continue it. Allowing dogs to dine will be up to each county, and even if it's allowed, restaurant owners will still decide individually whether to participate.
    Bush said the bill will allow dog lovers and their pets to "have a brewski together, have a hot dog together or whatever they want outdoors."
    "It just seems like it's a small thing but it's going to be an important thing for a whole lot of people," he said.
    Not everyone supported the bill. Orlando resident George Jones said he thought legally allowing dogs to dine in public was "the most ignorant thing I've ever seen."
    "They eat well, but they don't eat with me," Jones, 51, said of his border collie and black Labrador. "I've already made the decision that I won't go to any place that will allow them. I just don't think people should eat with dogs; that's disgusting."
    Bush signed the bill holding Sen. Charlie Clary's dog, Dixie Cup, which provided a seconding paw print.

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 2
    Gast24074
    They eat well, but they don't eat with me," Jones, 51, said of his border collie and black Labrador. "I've already made the decision that I won't go to any place that will allow them. I just don't think people should eat with dogs; that's disgusting."
    Jeden das seine, aber in D. sind wir es gewohnt wenn Fifi unter dem Tisch sitzt und mitfrisst. :-)

4. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 3
    Muus
    Also in Switzerland you are allowed to bring the dog to almost any restaurant...

Even in Israel you can take the small ones in most restaurants.. and with the big ones.. you can sit outside...

Thats why I was actually a bit shocked... that I couldn't go anywhere in FL when I went there 2 years ago... my poor puppy had to stay at home.

But.. for all South Beach visiters ... there is a sunday lunch for dogs at a very nice restaurant at this shopping street. hmm.. ok.. if I could only remember the name... haha.. well ask anyone with dog, they can tell you.

Ah well.. since I have my doberman.. I am not able to take the dogs to restaurants anyway.. she just hates other dogs/ cats/ people or what ever else that comes into her way.. lol... but she is a little baby when she is at home.. and wants to cuddle..

5. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 4
    Isodora
    Now that's good news ... I don't think they bother anybody if they stay under the table and are well behaved...

6. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 5
    VegasGirl
    I wouldn't call it good news at all... I can just see the absolute chaos it will cause with all the irresponsible dog owners here in the States!

Besides, why on earth do people feel compelled to bring their dogs to restaurants in the first place, what's the point?

7. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 6
    Isodora
    I don't know about the dog owners in the States but as an Austrian dog owner we do take our dog with us if we plan to be away for more than 4 hours. I think it is incredibly boring for a dog to be locked away at home all day... Again, our dog is trained well enough to stay under the table.

8. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 7
    Muus
    Zitat Zitat von VegasGirl
    I wouldn't call it good news at all... I can just see the absolute chaos it will cause with all the irresponsible dog owners here in the States!

Besides, why on earth do people feel compelled to bring their dogs to restaurants in the first place, what's the point?
    Well not all dog owners are irresponsible... not even in the States.. lol

And.. why is it so bad if you can take Puppy with you? Dogs are family pets, other than cats they enjoy the company of people very much. (not that cats don't but.. they are more bound to the place than people).

With my older dog I can go anywhere.. you would not even realize that she is there. My young one... no way, so .. she needs a babysitter when I go out for a longer time.

So, of course it is all about the dog owners and the restaurants have for sure the right to tell people to leave if the dogs don't behave, but those who do behave.. why not?

9. New law lets dogs chow down in restaurants # 8
    VegasGirl
    Of course not all dog owners are irresponsible (us included ) but why do you think they have so many laws in regards to dogs?

And.. why is it so bad if you can take Puppy with you? Dogs are family pets, other than cats they enjoy the company of people very much.
    Generally it's not... but just see it as with kids... taking them on specific occassions and to certain places is perfectly fine but indescriminately taking them everywhere is just not right. There's a time and place for everything and everything in it's place.

+ Antworten