Buy American. Buy Toyota.

1. #1 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    Harhir

Buy American. Buy Toyota.

Interesting article. According to the "National Highway Traffic Safety Administration" a Toyota Sienna has more American parts than a Ford Mustang.
    http://online.wsj.com/public/article...f_main_tff_top

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. #2 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    ToThePoint
    This hits it on the nail. You can buy Ford as long as you want, that's like buying the Stars And Stripes made in China. Ford is actually shutting down profitable factories in the US. In my neighborhood: Norfolk Plant in 2008. They build the F150 truck there. 2500 jobs history soon, plus hundreds at local suppliers and of course at small businesses which cater to Ford employees in some way or another.

4. #3 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    Caesar_MG
    Kind of a murky subject, though.

True, 65% of the parts for the Mustang may be manufactured abroad, but the profit goes to a US company. That profit, in turn, is reinvested in the company, and ultimately taxes on that prfit are paid here in the United States.

So in all actuality, the money really does stay in the US.

Either way (and being a Mustang owner, myself - albiet a 1996 GT(X) with the famed Ford Police Interceptor package), I'd much rather be seen driving a Mustang, or a Ranger, or an F150...than a Toyota Sienna.

Sorry.

5. #4 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    jimbomatic
    Zitat Zitat von Caesar_MG
    . That profit, in turn, is reinvested in the company, and ultimately taxes on that prfit are paid here in the United States.
    but if they keep investing abroad not much taxes will be paid ,and all the taxes of the suppliers will be paid in a different country + all the wages of americans lost for the US economy .i don't see how you can consider this a win situation for people in the US.

6. #5 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    Caesar_MG
    Well, considering we're at less than 5% unemployment (4.7% last I checked)... I don't think it's a huge impact.

This is the best way I can explain my stance, without turning this into a political thread:

1. People found companies to make money for themselves and their stockholders.

2. If they find a way to cut costs, saving overhead, and passing the additional profit to the shareholders...then they have met/exceeded what they got into business for: making money.

3. It's just good business sense: as long as no laws are being broken (like hiring illegals, for example), and a company finds a way to increase the profit margin...then what's the problem?

The bottom line, to me, is this: Ford is a United States Company. If I buy a car from Ford, my money goes to that company, and ultimately, into the hands of Ford's shareholders.

If a small percentage of that money goes to some third-world country to buy parts for the car...so what? Aren't some people in here always crying about "we don't give enough to help the people in poor countries, We're a global economy now, ect..."?

Well, see? We're providing jobs for those people IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES (Do a little research and find out how many Ford Factories are in, say, Mexico....)

We're "Spreading the wealth" around a little (Doesn't the Left like that? I know the Communists did...)

To sum up...I really could care less what percentage of what car is made in America. I'm going to buy a car because I like it, it's reliable, it's what I'm looking for, etc...

I guess I'll call myself Patriotic because I'm giving my money to an American dealer.

7. #6 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    jimbomatic
    5 % unemployment maybe ,but good paying jobs are lost .the ones you need to provide for your family .the "new" jobs are mainly low paying jobs ,the ones you can't feed a family from.
    and do you think stockholders of Ford are all Americans?
    i really don't get your argumentation up to this point ,
    "I'm going to buy a car because I like it, it's reliable, it's what I'm looking for, etc..."
    that makes sense to me.
    lets leave it at this.i think big american companys are not very patriotic and don't care much about the american middle class or the american people all together ,so why would anyone else be patriotic about buying theire cars .

8. #7 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    ToThePoint
    Zitat Zitat von jimbomatic
    5 % unemployment maybe ,but good paying jobs are lost .the ones you need to provide for your family .the "new" jobs are mainly low paying jobs
    Exactly. In Norfolk, there is talk to put in an amusement park where the factory stands now. Well, where's the money coming from to pay for the rides?
    I grew up in Baden-Wuerttemberg in the 80s. The riches that "we" amassed based on manufacturing products that somebody else would want to buy were sensational. When I look at the area here... oh boy... it all hinges upon the military bases and contractors. Every time when BRAC (Base Realignment) meets, our local politicians and businesses are shivering, because they rely on an economic mono culture. How big is a factory like the Ford plant? Capital HUGE.

9. #8 Buy American. Buy Toyota.
    jimbomatic
    Zitat Zitat von ToThePoint
    Exactly. In Norfolk, there is talk to put in an amusement park where the factory stands now. Well, where's the money coming from to pay for the rides?

thats great ,all the people that get fired can get jobs now at the amuesment park making 7,50 $ an hour serving fries to theire fellow american shareholders of the company that just outsourced.

+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 4 1234 LetzteLetzte