N-400 Interview

1. #1 N-400 Interview
    nick_xyz

N-400 Interview

Hello everyone,

what did you do for your N-400 interview? How did it go in general? Did they ask a lot of questions? Were the questions from the 100 questions stack posted on the website?

Questions over questions. My interview date is Tuesday. Although I "studied" I am starting to get a little nervous after all.....

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. #2 N-400 Interview
    Gast10602
    Zitat Zitat von nick_xyz
    Hello everyone,

what did you do for your N-400 interview? How did it go in general? Did they ask a lot of questions? Were the questions from the 100 questions stack posted on the website?

Questions over questions. My interview date is Tuesday. Although I "studied" I am starting to get a little nervous after all.....

hallo nick,

die fragen sind auf deren web seite. hatte vielleicht nur 6..oder so. kein problem. mein english test war, ich musste schreiben: today is a very hot day (wir hatten 103 den tag)
    der officer hat laut durch die papiere gelesen, und nach 10-15 min waren wir draussen, meine frau auch.
    kein grund zum schwitzen.

viel glueck und lass uns wissen wie es geht..

gruss

4. #3 N-400 Interview
    Caesar_MG
    Heiner is right:

think about it...you've already done 99% of the work for your N-400..the paperwork, the waiting, the fees, the biometrics, the photos, etc... You've gone through all the proper "wickets" (I would assume, being at this stage).

At this point, they aren't there to mess with you, just "check the block" and get you on your way on to being a United States Citizen.

Good luck, and I am confident that you will be able to pass through it with flying colors. Good job, by the way. You are on the verge of completing a difficult process the correct way. You should be very proud, and your hard work is about to pay off.

Being nervous is okay, and to be expected. Just relax, take a deep breath, and remind yourself of why you went through the process. That will give you the confidence to pass.

Definitely keep us posted.

5. #4 N-400 Interview
    VegasGirl
    Zitat Zitat von nick_xyz
    Being nervous is quite normal, I think we all were... No real need for it though since the test ist honestly a joke and rather disappointing! I studied the 100 question study guide on the site until I knew all the answers bey heart... and what was I asked?

What is the US flag called?
    Who's the current vice president?

That was all... really a joke and I was very tempted to say "Hey stop, not so fast, where's the rest of my test!!!"

Don't worry, you'll be fine...

6. #5 N-400 Interview
    watashi
    Good luck! I don't really think the questions are too hard. Unless you're the type that draws a blank when being tested, you should be fine...
    When did you file your N-400? I'm still waiting for my interview appointment.

7. #6 N-400 Interview
    Himbeerle
    Zitat Zitat von nick_xyz
    Hello everyone,

You'll be fine. As long as you studied those questions, you're good to go. I liked the way they had set it up on the website (multiple choice) much better than studying it from the book. Actually, I expected the questions to be a lot tougher (before I had started studying) than they turned out to be.

I was done within 15 or 20 minutes. He went over my application to verify the information, checked to see whether I had been abroad in the meantime and how long (I had been to Germany for 10 days). He wrote everything down. Then I had to write a sentence ("I want to become a U.S. citizen"). I didn't have to read. He then asked me the questions and stopped after the 6th one (all had been correct).

I had a question regarding my name change (I added a middle name) and checked with him. I was told I would have to go to a different place to be sworn in and that I would receive the information in the mail.
    The others who were interviewed that day had to come back three weeks later for their ceremony (it turned out to be the one day last year with snow and ice!). I had my ceremony about six weeks later, in a courthouse which -- IMO -- was a more festive locale.

To make a long story short: if you have done your homework -- and it seems you did -- you have nothing to worry about.
    Get a good night's rest, take a deep breath, and you're good to go.

Good luck!

Himbeerle

8. #7 N-400 Interview
    Himbeerle
    One more thing ...

You probably know that already ... I'd recommend to take all original copies of everything you submitted with your application with you, just in case.

He didn't want to see anything (last 3 years' tax documents, etc.) but better safe than sorry.

9. #8 N-400 Interview
    nick_xyz
    Ok, here's the scoop
    You guys were pretty much spot on. The whole process didn't take more than 15 min. The nice lady walked through my application with me, checked some dates and on we went with the actual test.

I had to write one sentence, read one sentence and answer 7 questions (well, the test was 10 questions, but once I had 7 correct, she stopped). The questions were the same as on the website, nothing to worry.

My oath ceremony would be around the July / August timeframe she said.... So, almost there....

Timeline:
    1/07/06: submitted (or thereabouts)
    early Feb: notice of action
    3/20: fingerprinting
    5/02: interview / test

+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte