+ Antworten
123451151 ...
  1. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 1
    Caesar_MG

Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem!

Okay, here we go (let's see how long it takes beofre I get flamed!)

Trust me, this will work:

Cheap Immigrant labor follows the same law of Supply and Demand: If you
    make the demand go away, no illegal immigrants will jump the border.
    How do you accomplish this?

1. Make it a felony to hire anyone unable to show proof of citizenship,
    and make it hurt if you get caught.
    2. Make it illegal to give permanent/semi-permanent housing to anyone
    not able to show proof of citizenship or legal resident status.
    3. Make proof of US Citizenship or legal residency (Green Card)
    mandatory for applying for a drivers license. Do the same for vehicle
    registration.
    4. Make proof of citizenship or legal residency a prerequisite for any
    sort of Federal Assistance/Benefit.

I guarantee you, if you enacted those measures, the illegal immigration
    problem would disappear overnight.

Cost of implementing those measures? Nothing. Nada. Zip. It's all done
    in legislation. No hardware is necessary. No additional manpower is
    required. All it takes is someone asking the hard question: "Are you a
    citizen or legal resident of the United States? Prove it."

Problem solved.

(Oringinal Article HERE)

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 2
    Gregory
    Zitat Zitat von Caesar_MG
    1. Make it a felony to hire anyone unable to show proof of citizenship,
    and make it hurt if you get caught.
    Employers are required to check for a SS#. No legal residence, no SS#. But that doesn't stop employers from hiring illegal workers. They are aware of the fact that the people they hire are illegal, but they don't care because they work for less money.

2. Make it illegal to give permanent/semi-permanent housing to anyone
    not able to show proof of citizenship or legal resident status.
    Most apartment complexes already make background checks, if you are illegal they don't let you rent. If the landlord is a private person they have no business of asking for a social security number anyways... I never would give a private person my SS#, not even a hotel / motel just so that I can stay there.

3. Make proof of US Citizenship or legal residency (Green Card)
    mandatory for applying for a drivers license. Do the same for vehicle
    registration.
    It is already a requirement. No proof of residence = no driver's license. guess what, they drive without license!!!
    My wife didn't get a drivers license until she had her green card. They wouldn't even accept her german passport with a temporary stamp from the INS in there until she got the GC.

4. Make proof of citizenship or legal residency a prerequisite for any
    sort of Federal Assistance/Benefit.
    Well, there is no monetary assistance for illegal aliens. Not even for legal residents for the first 10 years. That's why I had to file an affidavit of support for my wife. Because the government will not give her anything... I have to take care of her.
    Of course food stamps and WIC and that kind of stuff is different. Illegal aliens can get that, but then again, I don't want to have starving illegal aliens all around the place. At least give them food stamps so they can survive.

Cheers,
    Gregory

4. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 3
    MaraC
    Well, some people here got the SSN even without those requirements... wonder how that works?

Make it illegal as well to obtain the SSN without legal residency - if it is not already so.

How about, without drivers license or valid state ID card no rentals.
    And give the local police the power to call Immigration and have everybody deported who has an accident and can't show proof of residence and insurance. To pay for deportation, confiscate the persons' property and sell it.

I am sure within a months or so the problem will solve itself.

I find it absolutely offensive when some say that they do jobs "Americans won't do" when they only account for 20-30% of the labor force in construction and farm work, for instance. There is dignity in EVERY job or profession.

Oh, and no schooling for kids of illegal immigrants - and the most important, citizenship ONLY if either father or mother is American. This "born in the US" thing was a great idea way back when, but no more.

5. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 4
    Michu
    About 7.2 million unauthorized migrants were employed in March 2005, accounting for about 4.9% of the civilian labor force. They made up a large share of all workers in a few more detailed occupational categories, including 24% of all workers employed in farming occupations, 17% in cleaning, 14% in construction and 12% in food preparation.

The Size and Characteristics of the Unauthorized
    Migrant Population in the U.S.
    Estimates Based on the March 2005 Current Population Survey

http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/61.pdf

Greetings
    Michael

6. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 5
    Caesar_MG
    Gregory:

1. That's why I said: "Make it hurt if you get caught". The problem with current "laws" is they have no "teeth". If you enforce them with heavy fines and jail time, and have the authorities checking for proof of citizenship (at random) on job sites...no one will want to run the risk. They (the employers) will do the right thing and not hire illegals.

2. My whole point is that you should be a legal resident or citizen to get into a legally binding contract. Housing, finances, etc... By verifying citizenship, the landlord can ensure that he would be in accordance with applicable laws.

3. You are mistaken. No proof of citizenship or legal residency is required to obtain a drivers license in many states: California being a notable example. You stated "No proof of residence = no green card". Proof or residence, in many places, is a telephone bill or utility bill. I'm talking proof of LEGAL residence: a green card, US Passport, birth certificate, etc. Two forms of Identification is currently the acceptable norm for most situation.

4. Food Stamps, WIC, Medical Care at hospitals, etc... It should all be illegal to provide these services on the taxpayer's dime to someone who breaks the law and illegally crosses our borders. That's why they are called borders. I gaurantee you, you wouldn't have starving illegal aliens all over the place for long. They would most likely go back where they came from and try to do the right thing and immigrate legally. And I most assuredly would NOT give them food stamps to survive. Providing for the family of someone who has, once again, broken our laws by immigrating to the United States illegally is not my concern or responsibility.

I neglected to mention one more step in my plan to solve the illegal immigration problem: I would change the ammendment that allows "anchor babies". The original text of the ammendment was designed to enable freed slaves to obtain citizenship after the War of Northern Aggression (what Northerners call the Civil War). The original intent was not to have people illegally cross our borders for the sole purpose of bearing a child that would "anchor them", giving them the ability to file for legal residence.

I will make one prediction, however: the immigration issue will be a huge factor in the 2006 and 2008 elections.

7. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 6
    Texas Tornado
    Well, for once I agree with Cesar and MaraC and think, laws that are already in place should be followed through harder and to the point where it hurts. I disagree with MaraC's point that only children of American's should become citizens, what about children from legal residents? For them, we could go back to the dual citizenship with the option to choose at age 18 or 21...

With everything else! Good points!

Daggy

8. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 7
    John.Doe
    That's why I said: "Make it hurt if you get caught". The problem with current "laws" is they have no "teeth".
    Just implementation of this will cost something for the sole reason that enforcement has to be done by someone. We got the same thing in Germany, groups of a police force (I think part of the border protection group) which are checking construction zones and businesses for illegal workers. I have no idea how effective it is, but I guess there are still enough illegal workers.

The original intent was not to have people illegally cross our borders for the sole purpose of bearing a child that would "anchor them", giving them the ability to file for legal residence.
    Uh, ... I remember a heated discussion here in the forum as it touched the right to wear arms (some people seemed to have thought that it's original intend was to be ready to defend e.g. against some british kingdom trying to take back the US). Now again a personal interpretation of another part with the wish to change it... well.... no comment.

9. Try This: I Solve The Illegal Immigration Problem! # 8
    Michu
    Zitat Zitat von Daggy :)
    Well, for once I agree with Cesar and MaraC and think, laws that are already in place should be followed through harder and to the point where it hurts. I disagree with MaraC's point that only children of American's should become citizens, what about children from legal residents? For them, we could go back to the dual citizenship with the option to choose at age 18 or 21...

With everything else! Good points!

Daggy
    DUAL CITIZENSHIP, BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP,
    AND THE MEANING OF SOVEREIGNTY

HEARING BEFORE THE

SUBCOMMITTEE ON IMMIGRATION,
    BORDER SECURITY, AND CLAIMS
    OF THE
    COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY
    HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    ONE HUNDRED NINTH CONGRESS
    FIRST SESSION