+ Antworten
  1. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 1
    bbrandi

Work visa while waiting for fiance visa?

Hi everyone -
    I was wondering if anyone knew that if it was possible to obtain a work visa while waiting for a fiance visa? I wasnt sure if this was not allowed at all or if you could find a job while waiting, it was ok?

As a lot of you know the being apart is not fun at all and Im just trying to come up with possible solutions!

Thanks,
    Brandi
    Avon, Colorado

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 2
    garfieldshome
    we had that before in the forum, and no, only one visa at a time so far i remember. correct me if i'm wrong.

4. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 3
    Evi
    While you wait for the fiancee visa you (or your fiancee) have to be in your home country anyway so you cannot look for a job while you are waiting on that visa. I know it is hard but just be patient and things will develop.

5. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 4
    Martisi
    Brandi, I read about some people who entered the states with the k1 and received a temporary EAD, which makes it possible to work immediately. I am not sure at which ports of entry in the US they are available, under which circumstances and how long they are valid. Maybe anyone else has heard about the temporary EAD at the port of entry?
    by the way, are you the american or the foreign fiance? I am just wondering because you are in Colorado right now....

6. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 5
    Evi
    Zitat Zitat von Martisi Beitrag anzeigen
    Brandi, I read about some people who entered the states with the k1 and received a temporary EAD, which makes it possible to work immediately. I am not sure at which ports of entry in the US they are available, under which circumstances and how long they are valid. Maybe anyone else has heard about the temporary EAD at the port of entry?
    by the way, are you the american or the foreign fiance? I am just wondering because you are in Colorado right now....
    As far as I know only JFK gives out the stamps and then the EAD is only valid until your I94 expires (or some say until you get married).

7. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 6
    elle22
    Las Vegas also authorized the temporary EAD and it is only valid for 90 days from the day of POE.

8. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 7
    Martisi
    if i would have known that before i would have gotten a ticket to las vegas or ny and then continued my trip to san francisco. if someone gets a temporary ead, does it normally work out that the permanent one arrives by the time the other one is expired? or do people have to quit their job after a few week again? I guess normally foreigners do not find a job in the states that quickly anyway

9. Work visa while waiting for fiance visa? # 8
    ranita
    Zitat Zitat von Martisi Beitrag anzeigen
    if i would have known that before i would have gotten a ticket to las vegas or ny and then continued my trip to san francisco. if someone gets a temporary ead, does it normally work out that the permanent one arrives by the time the other one is expired? or do people have to quit their job after a few week again? I guess normally foreigners do not find a job in the states that quickly anyway
    AFAIK - and I am NOT sure about that! - even if you get "The Stamp" upon arrival, it will be void after you marry and file for AOS... so in any event, there will be a certain period of time that you cannot legally work in the US (correct me if I'm wrong).

+ Antworten