1. Backfire! # 1
    Caesar_MG

Backfire!

Okay...as you know, I have made a crusade of pointing out the hypocrisy of some Democrats, (namely: Hillary Clinton, Teddy Kennedy, John Kerry, John Edwards, Dingy Harry Reid, even Loopy Nancy Pelosi) for thier pro-war statement BEFORE the Iraq War concerning WMD, and the 180 degree flip flop when the going got tough.

I think you remember the Vice President talking about people trying to rewrite history.

Well, it's looking like the Democrat's plan backfired:

From the Washington Post

Democrats fumed last week at Vice President Cheney's suggestion that criticism of the administration's war policies was itself becoming a hindrance to the war effort. But a new poll indicates most Americans are sympathetic to Cheney's point.

Seventy percent of people surveyed said that criticism of the war by Democratic senators hurts troop morale -- with 44 percent saying morale is hurt "a lot," according to a poll taken by RT Strategies. Even self-identified Democrats agree: 55 percent believe criticism hurts morale, while 21 percent say it helps morale.

The results surely will rankle many Democrats, who argue that it is patriotic and supportive of the troops to call attention to what they believe are deep flaws in President Bush's Iraq strategy. But the survey itself cannot be dismissed as a partisan attack. The RTs in RT Strategies are Thomas Riehle, a Democrat, and Lance Tarrance, a veteran GOP pollster.

Their poll also indicates many Americans are skeptical of Democratic complaints about the war. Just three of 10 adults accept that Democrats are leveling criticism because they believe this will help U.S. efforts in Iraq. A majority believes the motive is really to "gain a partisan political advantage."

This poll is one of the few pieces of supportive news the administration has had lately on Iraq. Most surveys have shown significant majorities believe it was a mistake to go to war, as well as rising sentiment that Bush misled Americans in making the case for it.

Even so, there is still support for Bush's policy going forward. A plurality, 49 percent, believe that troops should come home only when the Iraqi government can provide for its own security, while 16 percent support immediate withdrawal, regardless of the circumstances.

Pretty darn good news for Dubya! Man, I love Joe Sixpack. Maybe I can talk Christoph into changing my name to "Joe Sixpack" in Joe's honor.

Just kidding Christoph.

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. Backfire! # 2
    chris015
    Caesar, thanks for posting this article, I really didn't think that the Americans think like that. I thought there are more people supporting each word the Democrats say. Well, there aren't. So: Good for us

4. Backfire! # 3
    Caesar_MG
    @Chris:

Yep, it really made my day when I read it.

5. Backfire! # 4
    solaris
    http://euphoria.jarkolicious.com/jou...005/07/13/628/

@ Caesar, maybe a bit of topic, but I got something for you here , that you might enjoy .

6. Backfire! # 5
    Gast10602
    Zitat Zitat von chris015
    Caesar, thanks for posting this article, I really didn't think that the Americans think like that. I thought there are more people supporting each word the Democrats say. Well, there aren't. So: Good for us
    hello chris015,

we have to finish what we started, no matter what. the public at large knows that.
    i know, it sounds different on tv and the news, but if you ask a real person, you will hear it.

greetings

7. Backfire! # 6
    solaris
    the media is so bias, they only show you , what they think you should know and hear.
    Perfect example was the Dan Rather incident.
    Then we have the all time ueber-biatch Katie Curic, gosh her and BArbara Walters in a sack, start swinging and you will always hit the right one.

8. Backfire! # 7
    John.Doe
    Also just a short highlight out of this article besides "This poll is one of the few pieces of supportive news the administration has had lately on Iraq. Most surveys have shown significant majorities believe it was a mistake to go to war, as well as rising sentiment that Bush misled Americans in making the case for it."

But what heiner said is of course true, it was started and now it has to be finished how long ever it may take, anything else would be irresponsible. That does not mean, that everybody has to like it and most of the surveys seem to indicate that.

+ Antworten
Weitere Themen von Caesar_MG
  1. Dear Mr. Blix, Welcome to Iraq! It is so good...
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 4
    Letzter Beitrag: 01.08.2003, 18:49
  2. 40. Oh I just couldn't. Hell, she's only sixteen....
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 1
    Letzter Beitrag: 01.04.2003, 03:32
  3. One day Saddam Hussein was walking in the desert...
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 2
    Letzter Beitrag: 01.04.2003, 03:01
  4. As A Born Texan, I think I have the right to make...
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 0
    Letzter Beitrag: 31.03.2003, 14:12
  5. "Kill All That You Can Kill" "Shower With Men"...
    im Forum English only
    Letzter Beitrag: 31.03.2003, 14:10
Andere Themen im Forum English only
  1. Hmm....here is a madman, who delibertly tries to...
    von solaris
    Antworten: 10
    Letzter Beitrag: 31.08.2006, 05:41
  2. Mayor Wants To Chop Off Thumbs, Whip...
    von Eifelfee
    Antworten: 2
    Letzter Beitrag: 04.11.2005, 21:42
  3. U.N. REPORT INVESTIGATING THE ASSASSINATION OF...
    von Michu
    Antworten: 3
    Letzter Beitrag: 30.10.2005, 02:46
  4. Aaahh just as I was about to post in the...
    von MaraC
    Antworten: 36
    Letzter Beitrag: 20.10.2005, 07:24
  5. 1. Freedom of Speech - "Congress shall make no...
    von Christoph_AWF
    Letzter Beitrag: 21.09.2005, 04:41
Sie betrachten gerade Backfire!.