+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 9 12345 ... LetzteLetzte

Banning Recruiters On Campuses

1. #1 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    Caesar_MG

Banning Recruiters On Campuses

Tit For Tat: Military Recruiter Edition

Y'know something that really bothers me? Colleges and Universities that ban Military recruiters from thier campuses.

Being a recruiter is probably one of the hardest jobs in the Army. And this is coming from someone that #1: Is a dirty, muddy, greasy M1 Tanker, and #2: Has never been a Recruiter. Recruiting is probably the only job in the Army that you can go from "Sugar" to "5hit" in 30 days. If you make your mission (your quota of people signed up for a month - varies by region and time of year) - you're "Sugar". If you don't "make mission", then you're "5hit". It's just that simple. Recruiting is probably the only job in the Army where they will pin an Army Achievent Medal on your chest, and the very next day, threaten to fire you for not "making mission". Keep in mind, for most Recruiters, it's a temporary two or three-year duty, before going back to "the line". Most of these guys are combat vets, having served in Iraq or Afghanistan, and are on a well-deserved break from deployable status before going back down to the line and gearing up for the next real-world mission. Twelve to fouteen hour days are common. I've heard of Recruiters sometimes working eighteen hours a day to make mission.

What do I want you to take from this? That being a Recruiter is tough.

With the Anti-War craze in full swing, life as a Recruiter is hard enough. But to ban or kick Recruiters off college campuses? Well, that's a slap in the face. It's an insult not only to the US Military, whose members routinely lay thier lives on the line to secure the very freedoms these Anti-War nuts choose to exercise, but to the brave Combat Veterans that time away from thier careers to keep the Army strong and vibrant.

Check these links out:

1. "Students Against War" petition Seattle Central Community College after mob chases off Military Recruiters

2. Campusactivism.org has a whole resource devoted to undermining Military Recruitment on campuses

3. NPR reports that Yale and "Elite" universities are going to the Supreme Court to prevent Military Recruiters on campuses

4. Harvard bans Military Recruiters: cite "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" as discriminatory

Wanna know what I think? Screw it.

And screw thier government funding, too. No Recruiters = No Federal Funds, whatsoever. I'm talking government grants, fellowships, eligibility for application of financial aid, tax status...the works. Pull out every single dollar.

Look, no one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to join the Military. If a university wants to ban any presence of Military Recruiters on campus, fine. But they aren't going to get a single one of my tax dollars, if I can help it.

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. #2 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    chris015
    I totally agree with you. Another thing that those kids miss is the opportunity to have a job and to achieve something in their lives. Who knows, there might be somebody on the school who is really made for the Army. Well, because of shameless people who think that the Army is just a blood sheding institution, those talents might most probably never find the way. But the main reasons are those you already mentioned. It is respectless towards the recruiters themselves and the Army. I seriously ask myself who stands up for banning Army recruiters in schools. As I am sure there are some here in the forum, I really ask you now to tell me (us) the raison for why you are against it.
    Some time ago I saw a report on TV about the US Army, and some people there spoke about recruiting. You are right, it really is an exhausting job. Unfortunately, this whole report was (of course) totally botched and dragged into the wrong corner. No wonder, it was German TV after all.

4. #3 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    VegasGirl
    I too am against banning them from campuses... but I am for regulating them and making sure they don't lie the blue out of the sky just to fill their quota no matter what. And now don't try to tell me that doesn't happen, cause it does and more often than not!
    Which is one of the biggest reasons why colleges and high schools are even concidering banning recruiters from campuses...

5. #4 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    VegasGirl
    Zitat Zitat von chris015
    I totally agree with you. Another thing that those kids miss is the opportunity to have a job and to achieve something in their lives.
    Aehemmm... and you know I have nothing against a career in the military... but there certainly are plenty of good job opportunities for a college grad with good grades, plenty... and lots of them with a much higher potential to achieve something in live!
    But I am for having all choices presented, no selective presentation and that's why I think a ban would be detrimental.

Who knows, there might be somebody on the school who is really made for the Army.
    Trust me, if someone is "really made for the Army" they don't need a recruiter to tell them... they know all on their own and much better than a recruiter could present it!

Well, because of shameless people who think that the Army is just a blood sheding institution, those talents might most probably never find the way.
    As I just said, they certainly will... most importantly though it's not just the anti-war crowd that is "shameless", recruiters are aces in that!!! You wouldn't believe what they tell a gullable, naive kid just to reel them in hook, line and sinker! Sure, not all of them are like that but unfortunately way too many.

But the main reasons are those you already mentioned. It is respectless towards the recruiters themselves and the Army.
    Oh come on, that's taking it a bit too far... what does respect have to do with a recruiting ban on campuses? So recruit of campus all you want!
    As I said, I am against a ban but simply because I think all the info should be out there, not just a selected group. As for the military, they would serve their cause much better by revamping the recruiting program and putting it back into better, reputable light.

6. #5 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    jimbomatic
    all very true Vega Girl!!!
    i am not sure about banning them or not ,i really haven't made up my mind .i have talk to them on campus before and i have had no problem with them.
    i just wonder ,why do you blame someone else but the army for treating recruiters baddly, Ceasar?or should i say make it such horrible job as you say .i can not make any sense out of that post ,sorry.

7. #6 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    MaraC
    well, who else is recruiting on Campus? if other employers can, the Armed Forces should be allowed, too.
    With the liberalism rampant there, it is purely a political move.

8. #7 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    chris015
    Well Silke, you have been living in the US for such a long time, so I believe you. I didn't know that some recruiters tell lies to the kids. I agree with you, that is shameless.
    About those people who are, as I said "really made for the Army". By this I meant those people who actually would like the Army life and who are talented, but never gave a thought on it. I am sure there are such people. Of course you are right - people who have a passion for the Army will know automatically.
    About the respect: It is not necessarily the recruiting ban itself that I consider as respectless, but it is respectless to forbid recruiters to enter the school property. In my opinion. But if there are so many recruiters telling lies to the kids, I can in some way understand why people stand up for the recruiting ban. In this case, the Army should forbid recruiters to use lies, even if it is easier to get the kids interested.

9. #8 Banning Recruiters On Campuses
    Gast10602
    Zitat Zitat von chris015
    Well Silke, you have been living in the US for such a long time, so I believe you. I didn't know that some recruiters tell lies to the kids. I agree with you, that is shameless.
    About those people who are, as I said "really made for the Army". By this I meant those people who actually would like the Army life and who are talented, but never gave a thought on it. I am sure there are such people. Of course you are right - people who have a passion for the Army will know automatically.
    About the respect: It is not necessarily the recruiting ban itself that I consider as respectless, but it is respectless to forbid recruiters to enter the school property. In my opinion. But if there are so many recruiters telling lies to the kids, I can in some way understand why people stand up for the recruiting ban. In this case, the Army should forbid recruiters to use lies, even if it is easier to get the kids interested.
    hello chris015,

i am also 100% with caesar on this issue.

but i don't see why it is called lying when a recruter promisses, what about company rep at a job fair. same thing.

greetings

+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 9 12345 ... LetzteLetzte

Weitere Themen von Caesar_MG

1. Hello from Operation Iraqi Freedom 2!
    Hey everybody! Just wanted to say hi to everyone!...
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 29
    Letzter Beitrag: 07.02.2004, 16:01
  2. An Example Of Just Why Americans Hate The French
    I think that this is insensitive and vulgar....
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 17
    Letzter Beitrag: 29.09.2003, 23:12
  3. Interesting Read:
    http://www.military.com/NewsContent?file=usa2_0916...
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 1
    Letzter Beitrag: 20.09.2003, 02:24
  4. Just call me "The Enforcer"
    http://www.chrisdebello.com/mobname.html
    im Forum English only
    Antworten: 2
    Letzter Beitrag: 26.08.2003, 08:46
  5. Flabby Buttocks
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u...
    im Forum English only
    Letzter Beitrag: 22.08.2003, 17:09

Andere Themen im Forum English only

1. Gore Says It Is Not Too Late to Combat Climate Change
    http://www.yubanet.com/artman/publish/printer_2698...
    von Pia
    Antworten: 45
    Letzter Beitrag: 23.04.2007, 21:32
  2. N.J. OKs Equal Rights For Same-Sex Couples
    A great ruling:) N.J. OKs Equal Rights For...
    von Michu
    Antworten: 15
    Letzter Beitrag: 26.10.2006, 21:35
  3. here come the brides
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Artic...
    von MaraC
    Antworten: 9
    Letzter Beitrag: 23.03.2006, 00:40
  4. Us Citizenship
    Congress should exercise authority over US...
    von fish37town
    Antworten: 25
    Letzter Beitrag: 14.10.2005, 20:39
  5. Duty & Responsibility - German-American Relations
    Ambassador Timken Duty & Responsibility -...
    von Michu
    Letzter Beitrag: 01.10.2005, 02:50
Sie betrachten gerade Banning Recruiters On Campuses.