I'd be furious...

1. #1 I'd be furious...
    MaraC

I'd be furious...

if my kids would have to fill out this questionnaire!!
    (for the complete article click on the link below)
    _____________________________________________-

In a recent ruling, a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (that be the Left Coast) determined that parents do not have a fundamental right to control when, where and how their children are taught about sex.

Rather the state — in its far greater wisdom about what's right and wrong — has ultimate power over your kids.
    Kids ages 7 through 10 were asked, for example, to rate the following activities according to how often they experienced the thought or emotion:

"Touching my private parts too much."
    "Thinking about having sex"
    "Thinking about touching other people's private parts."
    "Thinking about sex when I don't want to."
    "Washing myself because I feel dirty on the inside."
    "Not trusting people because they might want sex."
    "Getting scared or upset when I think about sex."
    "Having sex feelings in my body."
    "Can't stop thinking about sex."
    "Getting upset when people talk about sex."
    The most chilling piece of the ruling was this assertion: "We further hold that a psychological survey is a reasonable state action pursuant to legitimate educational as well as health and welfare interests of the state."

Really. So now the state is in the business of psychoanalysis. Never mind that posing phase-inappropriate questions to children might create psychological complications that didn't exist before the helpful questionnaire was administered

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/kat...ker110405.php3

I think this is an outrage. 7-10 is abso-friggin-lutely too young to even contemplate those questions. Heck, they made me uncomfortable just reading them.

Is it a wonder so many parents want to home school their kids - or send them to private schools?

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. #2 I'd be furious...
    Pia
    This is absolutely freaking scary. I definetly wouldn't expose my kids (in that age!) to this kind of questionaire. I would change school.

4. #3 I'd be furious...
    SimoneK
    My oldest son is almost 7 and he absolutely does not know what sex is . He already had trouble at school yesterday because he tickled a girl and if the tickles, he tickles everywhere, so he touched her private parts. The girl got upset and told the teacher my son touched her. He had no ulterior motives about this, he makes no difference between boys and girls until now. But because of getting upset I think, the girl must be know about things like sex and that a boy is not allowed to touch a girl. I think, it is much too early to know about such things, and I definitely would change the school too if they would ask these questions.

PS: I hope, my English wasn't too bad, it is my first post in the English-section and I am still learning .

5. #4 I'd be furious...
    serabe
    I wouldn't want my kids to take such a survey and I would be mad if they would be handed such a survey without me giving my consent after being told all the facts about this. And I, as an adult, would not fill out such a survey either. That's nobody's business and if I should feel like I need to talk to someone about those issues, it would be somebody I would pick.

6. #5 I'd be furious...
    serabe
    Zitat Zitat von SimoneK
    My oldest son is almost 7 and he absolutely does not know what sex is . He already had trouble at school yesterday because he tickled a girl and if the tickles, he tickles everywhere, so he touched her private parts. The girl got upset and told the teacher my son touched her. He had no ulterior motives about this, he makes no difference between boys and girls until now. But because of getting upset I think, the girl must be know about things like sex and that a boy is not allowed to touch a girl. I think, it is much too early to know about such things, and I definitely would change the school too if they would ask these questions.

PS: I hope, my English wasn't too bad, it is my first post in the English-section and I am still learning .
    Well, but don't you tell your son that it's not o.k. for anybody to touch his private parts? (Well, maybe for a doctor if a parent is present) And don't you teach him to say "No" if somebody tries to touch them in an inappropiate way and to tell an adult if somebody does?

I know the game was harmless and your son didn't have anything bad on his mind. So I don't want to blow this out of proportion. But I'm sure that this girl has been told what I just wrote and she felt uncomfortable and so she responded the way she was told to. I think that's o.k. because everybody needs to respect the other one. Even at that age.

My kids don't know all that much about sex either. But I try to answer questions they have openly and honestly (e.g. about condoms) with as little details as they're content with. I think I can't just tell them all about sexuality in one talk when they're 12, 13, 14 or 15. Sitting down then and saying "Son/Daughter, we need to talk..." won't do much. By then they will have found out most things on their own. I also bought a book for my then eight year old daughter that explains where babies are coming from. In plain, simple easy to understand German, a book especially written for kids. She'll read in it every once and a while and she'll ask questions, too. And I think that's a good way. Because she knows that I'm open for the dialogue but I leave it up to her when she's ready to talk and when she has questions.

But my kids are not like some kids who use four letter words and make sex sound like something dirty. And they don't talk about stuff like you might read in some (German) teenager magazines. They don't want to dress like some pop star and they don't act sexy like those do. So far they're not interested in boys/girls either. But they'll get there and as I said, I think you have to teach them about sex over the years. Beginning when they're little and you name things like "penis" and "vagina" and moving on as they get older. Teach them that their bodies and sex are something precious.

But I really think most importantly kids need to know that they're allowed to say "No" whenever somebody tries to do something they're not comfortable with. Even if it's somebody like a relative, friend, teacher, coach or whatever.

7. #6 I'd be furious...
    Pia
    Zitat Zitat von SimoneK
    Just perfect, don't worry, most of the posters here are "bloody beginners" , just don't be shy!

8. #7 I'd be furious...
    serabe
    Zitat Zitat von pumpkin
    Just perfect, don't worry, most of the posters here are "bloody beginners" , just don't be shy!
    Well, don't read my posts then. Seems like especially today I never can come up with the right phrases/words. Everything just sounds so weird. Probably I'll read this in two days and think "What was I thinking?!?"

9. #8 I'd be furious...
    MaraC
    @serabe, whats going on? Pumpkin was not quoting *you*, and not talking to *you*. She was responding to Simones concern her English was not adequate.
    ????

+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte