+ Antworten
  1. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 1
    Muus

Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people?

Just happened yesterday....

And I think... those are the things.. that should be more talked about... and not hate and war...

I deeply respect this family and I can't say... how much I look up to them... Those are the real heros in our times... Those who don't fight war with war...

Family of boy killed by IDF donates his organs for peaceBy Amos Harel and Arnon Regular, Haaretz CorrespondentThe family of Ahmed al-Khatib, a 12 year old fatally shot last week by Israeli troops who mistook his toy gun for a real rifle, have donated his organs at a Haifa hospital "for the sake of peace between peoples."

His organs helped save the lives of six patients. His heart was given to a 12-year-old girl; his liver was divided in two and given to two patients, a six-month old baby and a 56-year-old woman; his kidneys were given to a 5-year-old boy and his lungs were given to a 5-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl, Israel Radio reported.

The boy died of his wounds on Saturday.

Dr. Tzvi Ben-Yishai, a spokesman for Rambam Medical Center in Haifa, where Khatib had been treated, said that the boy's parents decided to donate his organs "to bring hearts closer and bring peace closer."

The boy's uncle, Jamal Khatib, confirmed that the family had donated the organs.

"This is not a political issue, but a personal one," the boy's father told Channel Two news. "I had an older brother who suffered from kidney failure and there were no transplants available. When the doctor told me that my boy was clinically dead, I remembered my brother and thought of ways to help."

The Thursday shooting incident occurred when soldiers entered the Jenin refugee camp as part of an ongoing operation to arrest Islamic Jihad operatives.

Shots were fired at the soldiers from the western part of the camp, and bullets hit one of their jeeps. According to Palestinian sources, Islamic Jihad and Fatah gunmen both participated in the exchange of fire, and teenagers threw rocks at the jeeps.

The soldiers thought they saw an armed man some 130 meters away, and one of the soldiers fired, hitting the suspected gunman in the head. A Palestinian ambulance picked up the wounded suspect, but when the soldiers approached the site, they found a plastic gun.

The IDF Spokesman's Office distributed photographs of the toy to show how real it looked.

Khatib was taken to the hospital in Ramallah, but when the seriousness of his condition became clear, the Palestinian Authority arranged to have him transferred to Israel.

Palestinian sources said Khatib was apparently not one of the boys who had been throwing rocks at the soldiers.

- haaretz online -

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 2
    Pia
    @muus
    Yes yes yes, your are so totally right there. Thumbs up to those parents. They have all my respect!!!!

4. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 3
    Texas Tornado
    Goosebumps, I have goosebumps. What a great gesture from the family during their time of sorrow. And how small and pitiful some of our own problems suddenly appear to be...

These parents deserve everybody's respect and deep gratitude. They gave life, multiple times!

Daggy

5. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 4
    Muus
    Here some more information...

I am still under shock.. I read it .. but it is soo hard to believe... and sooo wonderful... It gives me hope, that maybe there will be peace among us one day and I can live in Israel without fear.

seen today in Haaretz.com

Three Israeli girls, two Jewish and one Druze, underwent surgery Sunday to receive Al-Khatib's lungs, heart and liver. Twelve-year-old Samah Gadban had been waiting for a heart for five years when doctors called her family late Saturday and told them of the Al-Khatib donation. By Sunday afternoon, the Druze girl had a new heart and was recovering at Schneider Children's Medical Center in Petah Tikvah.

"This morning, I did not know anything about the boy. I only knew that the doctors said they had a heart," said Samah's father, Riad. "I don't know what to say. It is such a gesture of love ... I would like for [the family] to think that my daughter is their daughter."

Jamal al-Khatib said he hoped to meet the recipients of his son's organs to ensure that they were healthy, and added: "The most important thing is that I see the person who received the organs, to see him alive."

"I don't mind seeing the organs in an Israeli or a Palestinian. In our religion, God allows us to give organs to another person and it doesn't matter who the person is," said Jamal al-Khatib, the boy's father, who added that he hoped the donations would send a message of peace to Israelis and Palestinians.

6. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 5
    Muus
    to the MODERATER

PLEASE CLOSE MY THREAD...

I've seen what I wanted to see...

And it makes me sick.. and very sad..

When it comes to daily bla bla.. or Terror (with only killing) or Animals attacking children... everyone has something to say..

When, like here.. a child gets killed by a Soldier (and hey, I am jewish.. and I stand behind my Boys... and yes, I believe that it was an accident)

And that child's parents decide to do something extraordinary to show the world that there can be peace after all...

NO ONE HAS SOMETHING TO SAY... (Pumpkin and Daggy, you are MY heros)

And that makes me sad... because, if we can't talk about PEACE.. how the heck can me MAKE it??

Seems.. after all.. War is more interesting than Peace... and that sickens me...

I HOPE, FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST, THAT WE (THE ISRAELIS) AND THE PALESTINIANS.. TALK MORE ABOUT THIS CASE AND TRY TO FOLLOW IT... and not just ignore it..

SO PLEASE

CLOSE THE THREAD.. thank you

7. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 6
    Pia
    @Muus
    no, I don't think we should close this thread. There are just not enough good news to get lately. Lets celebrate the few we have and get hope from them.

8. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 7
    hugo3
    Does that also mean we can close your account? After all, you made it quite clear in your rather condescending post, that you despise all members of this forum but two. And why would you want to keep participating here if that is the case, right?!?

9. Talking of Terror... how about peaceful people? # 8
    Muus
    Zitat Zitat von hugo3
    Does that also mean we can close your account? After all, you made it quite clear in your rather condescending post, that you despise all members of this forum but two. And why would you want to keep participating here if that is the case, right?!?
    Well if you think that way... Do what you have to do...

I like chatting with people here very much, but I am just shocked that, when it comes to "just" killing.. everyone has something to say.. and here.. hardly anyone has something to say... it just makes me very sad... Because everone talks about.. peace and what ever... but no one makes a comment when actually something great like this happen..

N.B even CNN only mentioned it yesterday... but when a bus blows up... then they are very fast.. it just seems to me.. that the love of sensation is everywhere but no one cares if someone does something so amazing like here..

Don't u agree with me?? I mean.. imagine.. (G-d forbid...) someone you know, has a bad car accident.. runs over someone.. and that someone's family give the organs free.. and another relative of your friend actually receives one...

How would that make you feel... wouldn't you think.. wow.. they must be soo hurt.. and still they think about others and saving life...

Well.. if you think.. that my thinking is sooo wrong.. and that being sad.. that people do not show that they care.. (maybe they do.. but they can't express themself.. which is bad as well, because we need to talk.. if we want peace) I do not attack anyone here.. I just want people to think.. and it would be nice to get some comment on how they feel... I can't believe that people in this forum don't have any feelings.. I think there are amazing people here... and i just hope, they have just not seen the thread yet... and will answer when they actually see it.

so, if you do not agree with me then i guess you have to do what you have to do. and I will be sad to leave the forum.. but if you don't want me here anylonger, just because I expressed my feelings.. then i am sorry...

+ Antworten