+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... LetzteLetzte

Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling

1. #1 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    Michu

(AP) - AURORA, Colo.-Three pit bulls mauled a 10-year-old boy in his back yard two days after the city banned new fighting dogs and added limits on those already owned.

The boy was in "very critical" condition Thursday, police said. His name was not released.

It was not immediately clear who owned the dogs.

The boy was attacked Wednesday after he returned home from school, found the front door locked and then went into the back yard in this east Denver suburb, police spokesman Anthony Guzman said in a statement.

Neighbors heard the boy scream and ran to the yard, where they found him motionless with one of the dogs biting him. They used a bat to drive the dogs away, Guzman said. The boy had bites on his head, face, throat and legs, he said.

"It was horrific. I've never seen anything like that in my life," neighbor Mike Brushell told KMGH-TV in Denver.

A police officer shot and wounded one of the dogs, and it was later euthanized. The other dogs were impounded at an animal shelter.

The City Council on Monday banned new pit bulls and other fighting dogs. It also required the owners of such dogs already living in the city to buy an annual $200 license, show the dogs are spayed or neutered, post warning signs and keep the dogs muzzled in public.

http://news.findlaw.com/ap/o/632/11-...8f1fffd4e.html

911 Call: Boy Mauled By Pit Bulls

Neighbors Fight Off Dogs With Bat, Big Sticks

POSTED: 8:08 am MST November 3, 2005
    UPDATED: 7:19 pm MST November 3, 2005

Aurora, Colo. -- A 10-year-old Aurora boy is clinging to life after his family's three pit bulls mauled him Wednesday afternoon as he was trying to get into his home.

Gregg Jones Jr. was attacked in his back yard in the 16600 block of East Asbury Avenue, near South Naples Court. The fourth-grader from Yale Elementary was rushed to Children's Hospital in Denver, where he remains in critical condition.

He was bitten on his head, face, throat, chest, arms and legs. Neighbors who fought off the dogs said one dog appeared to be gnawing on the boy's neck, as if it was eating him.

Neighbors say Greg returned home from school just after 3 p.m. and couldn't get in the locked front door so he tried the side gate to the back yard. As he jumped over the wooden fence, neighbors heard him scream.

"We looked over (the) fence and three of them were just literally attacking this little boy and he was calling (the dogs) by their names, but they wouldn't let go of him," said neighbor Trish Millard.

One neighbor grabbed a bat and two others, wielding large sticks, started yelling to distract the dogs, that had the boy in their jaws.

Neighbor Mike Bruschel said the dogs didn't let go until he and others got about 10 feet away.

"It was horrific. I've never seen anything like that in my life," Bruschel said.

"The dog had him by the neck. It was like he was just a doll," said neighbor Jeff Witmer.

One man called 911 for help and the child could be heard screaming in the background as the dogs attacked him.

"Hurry! Hurry!" the man pleaded with the 911 operator, as the attack continued.

Neighbors eventually got the dogs to back off.

When officers arrived and tried to secure the animals, the dogs became aggressive towards them, Aurora police said. An officer armed with a shotgun fired at one of the pit bulls, but missed. A second officer fired his gun striking one of the dogs in the mouth.

That dog was taken to Alameda East Veterinary Hospital and subsequently euthanized. Two of the other pit bulls were taken into custody by Aurora Animal Control. Two more puppies were also taken from the home Wednesday night.

All of the surviving dogs are now at the Aurora animal shelter.

Police said no decision on possible charges in the case has been made.

Animal control said only the euthanized dog was licensed in Aurora, and it was licensed to Rene Muniz Jones, who lives in that home. There had been no prior reports or incidents involving these dogs.

The boy's sister, Danielle Carson, told 7NEWS that the family was taking care of one of the dogs for a friend in Denver, who was no longer allowed to have the dog because of Denver's strict pit bull ban.

Carson said she has asked that all the dogs be euthanized.

Two years ago the dogs' owner, Jones, was cited for keeping too many dogs and allowing them to run free.

Aurora recently passed a law banning pit bulls and several other breeds. The law takes effect Jan. 31. Under the new ordinance, new pit bulls will not be allowed but Aurora residents who already have pit bulls will be allowed to keep them if they pay a $200 registration fee, carry $100,000 in liability insurance and have the dog microchipped.

Denver's pit bull ban took effect in May. Commerce City Council passed an ordinance in September that restricted owners from bringing the breed into the city and tightened regulations on current pit bull owners.

Counselors are Yale Elementary and may be there for several days, an Aurora Public School spokesman said. Greg's classmates are being kept busy by creating get well and best wishes cards.

A school representative is also at the hospital with the family.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...85/detail.html

Aurora Adopts Pit Bull Ban

POSTED: 7:09 am MDT October 11, 2005

AURORA, Colo. -- The City Council in Aurora voted Monday night to pass a controversial plan to ban pit bulls but the ban won't become official until they take a second vote later this month.

The ban on the breed forces current pit bull owners to pay between $200 and $600 in licensing fees in order to keep their dogs in the city, but would not allow new pit bulls to move into the city.

Current pit bull owners would have 60 days to register their animals and get at least $100,000 in liability insurance.

Dogs will also have to be spayed or neutered and they would have to be muzzled and either kept on a short leash or in a crate when in public. Owners would also have to have an identification microchip implanted in the dogs and post a warning that a dangerous dog lives in their house.

Owners say the proposal is a transparent plot to push them out of the city because the restrictions are so tough. Opponents say only two insurance companies offer policies that would cover the dogs, and it's nearly impossible for renters to get coverage.

Denver and Commerce City have already adopted similar bans, and Aurora City Councilwoman Nadine Caldwell said she's concerned that without a ban, Aurora could become a dumping ground for pit bulls.

The city council said it will reevaluate the new ordinance in two years and look at the number of registered pit bulls involved in attacks and compare it with other breeds.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...43/detail.html

Greetings
    Michael

2.   Alt 
    Werbung

3. #2 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    VegasGirl

What a terrible, terrible thing

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/06/pit....ap/index.html

Good for Denver to pass the ordinance against those monsters!!!

4. #3 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    Eifelfee
    @vegasgirl
    I agree 100%.

5. #4 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    Pia
    Me too, this is really shocking.

6. #5 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    Michu
    Themen zusammen gefuehrt.

Gruss
    Michael

7. #6 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    VegasGirl
    Michu,

thanks, makes sense... sorry that I didn't think of it myself.

Silke

8. #7 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    Muus
    Zitat Zitat von VegasGirl
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/06/pit....ap/index.html

Good for Denver to pass the ordinance against those monsters!!!
    With "monster" I hope you mean the owner.. There are no mean or dangerous dogs.. just XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (and all other words I am not allowed to say here) OWNERS!!

9. #8 Boy Hospitalized After Colo. Dog Mauling
    Pia
    There are no mean or dangerous dogs,,,
    Sorry, I don't think so. There are dangerous dogs, matter of fact, all dogs could be dangerous. They are unpredictable, because they still are.... yes... animals. I love dogs. I have a pretty big mix myself. If somebody askes me if my dog is nice, if they can pet him or whatever, my heart says of course, he is our baby, he won't hurt anybody, but my words are, well, its a good dog, but you never know, it's still just an animal.

+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 8 12345 ... LetzteLetzte